Driving volunteer transports are very rewarding. The legs are usually 1-2 hour legs. Drivers sign up for open legs when they are able to volunteer. There are specific guidelines we require drivers to follow. Below is an overview of the guidelines. A more detailed version can be found at here, Driver Guidelines. Our New Driver coordinator will follow up with each new driver once the new driver form has been submitted.
- Hand off paperwork first
- NO Food on Transport
- Water must be provided every leg
- Passengers in RED are flight risks and come with special instructions.
- Drivers MUST provide crate for passengers listed (name)*
- Passengers listed (name)** have carrier(s) provided
- Final runsheets with meeting locations and contacts will be sent on Friday’s.
- Drivers must provide leashes and slip leads for adult passengers for tethering and transfers.
- Drivers MUST pick up after passenger’s potty breaks.
- Drivers must provide crates for passengers as noted. There are times passengers will come in crates. These passengers will be noted as such and crate dimensions will be provided.
- All puppies are NO PAWS ON THE GROUND
- Drivers MUST provide Nutrical for puppies
- Gloves (latex) must be worn when handling puppies. A new pair are required for each liter.
- Water must be provided at every leg
[yikes-mailchimp form=”2″ title=”1″ description=”1″ submit=”Submit”]